National Skill Development Agency (NSDA)
NSDA was set up as a Society in June 2013. NSDA will focus on the two verticals of Quality Assurance and policy research in the skills space. It will be majorly responsible for the following activities:
- Operationalize and implement National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF).
- Establish and operationalize a QA framework embedded in NSQF to improve consistency of outcomes in the skills landscape, which will include laying down a framework for training, assessment and certification processes and agencies in the country.
- Operationalize National Skills Qualification Committee (NSQC) to meet its objectives.
- Design and implement the National Labour Market Information System.
- Develop national protocols for registration and accreditation of private training providers.
- Promote use of Skill India logo on skill certificates by SSCs/Agencies adhering to the QA framework.
- Anchor Prime Minister’s Skill Development Fellow Program.